Re: 2.6.21-ck1

From: Ryan M.
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 21:47:47 EST

Hello Con,

Con Kolivas wrote:
This patchset is designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity. It is configurable to any workload but the default -ck patch is aimed at the desktop and -cks is available with more emphasis on serverspace.

I have used SD for the first time with this patchset, and I have to say, my experience
has been very positive over the past four days. My desktop has been extraordinarily
smooth during interactive tasks with no audio drop-outs. Best of all, the desktop has
been completely responsive despite CPU hogging tasks. I do not need to nice X either.
This looks like a perfect scheduler.

Swap prefetch continues to work its miracles as I've been doing a lot of work lately with
a 33"x44" poster that contains many high-resolutions images, while using gimp at the same time!

Thanks so much for all your incredible work!

äæ

best,
Ryan