Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely FairScheduler [CFS]

From: Peter Williams
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 20:07:13 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 13:27 +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
On Saturday 14 April 2007 06:21, Ingo Molnar wrote:
[announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler
[CFS]

i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch

This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.
The casual observer will be completely confused by what on earth has happened here so let me try to demystify things for them.

[...]

Demystify what? The casual observer need only read either your attempt
at writing a scheduler, or my attempts at fixing the one we have, to see
that it was high time for someone with the necessary skills to step in.

Make that "someone with the necessary clout".

Now progress can happen, which was _not_ happening before.

This is true.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx