Re: Major qla2xxx regression on sparc64

From: David Miller
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 20:05:33 EST

From: Andrew Vasquez <andrew.vasquez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:47:05 -0700

> Dave, according to your earlier emails, the qla2xxx driver worked
> 'fine' in driver versions before commit
> 7aef45ac92f49e76d990b51b7ecd714b9a608be1. If that were the case, then
> you would have seen the warning messages:

> qla_printk(KERN_WARNING, ha, "Falling back to functioning (yet "
> "invalid -- WWPN) defaults.\n");

I have in fact seen the message several times and that messages gives
me no reason to believe something needs to be fixed.

It should have said "PLEASE REPORT THIS to drivers@xxxxxxxxxx" or
something similar to indicate the severity better.

"An invalid WWPN, what's that?" said the user. :)

How about "FC IDs may conflict and cause miscommunication! Please
report to driver author so this can be fixed!" or similar?