Re: 2.6.21-rc5-mm4

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 13:03:26 EST

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 22:47:45 PDT, Andrew Morton said:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.21-rc5/2.6.21-rc5-mm4/

Am seeing an Oops 'cannot handle kernel paging request' during late
system startup, hand-copied traceback follows:

avc_has_perm_noaudit+0x2bf/0x506
avc_has_perm+0x2b/0x5b
selinux_socket_stream_connect+0x7e/0xc3
unix_stream_connect+0x202/0x3f3
sys_connect+0x7e/0xa4
tracesys+0xde/0xe1

I've not identified exactly when it happens, but it's towards the very end of
handling /etc/rc5.d, it's already up to the S98's. Odd thing is it only happens
when I start with RedHat's 'graphical boot', and may be related to the shutdown
of the X server that's displaying the boot progress preparing to launch the
X server for gdm logins (as I'm also seeing a hang sometimes when shutting
down - so it is possibly a "shutting down X server nukes system" bug).

Figured I'd toss this heads-up in case it rings any bells, while I go do
the bisection dance on -rc5-mm4 (-mm2 is OK, and -mm3 doesn't boot for me
for other reasons I didn't chase down before -mm4 came out and fixed it, so
I have a ways to bisect)