Re: CK804 SATA Errors (still got them)

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Sun Mar 04 2007 - 18:42:08 EST

On Sunday 04 March 2007 23:25, Robert Hancock wrote:
> Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> >> Can you try reverting commit 721449bf0d51213fe3abf0ac3e3561ef9ea7827a
> >> (link below) and see what effect that has?
> >>
> >> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commi
> >>t;h =721449bf0d51213fe3abf0ac3e3561ef9ea7827a
> >
> > Obviously, I'll let you know if it happens again, but I've reverted this
> > commit and transferred 22.5GB over 45 minutes onto a RAID5 with 4 HDs on
> > an NVIDIA sata controller, and this error hasn't appeared.
> >
> > So I'm inclined to (very unscientifically) say that this brings it back
> > to 2.6.20's level of stability.
>
> Interesting. Can you try un-reverting that patch, and applying this one?

Sorry for the newbie question, but is it adequate to do a:

git reset --hard v2.6.21-rc2

To ensure a patch is "unreverted" (I reverted it with "git revert"), before
applying your patch?

I've done so now, assuming this _will_ work. The reason I ask is that your
diff was offset by 12 lines versus -rc2.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

Final year Computer Science undergraduate.