Re: libsata tests started

From: Patrick Ale
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 03:32:05 EST

So, my AMD Athlon XP2400+ with pata_pdc2027x, pata_sil680 and pata_via
survived four days of bonnie++, emerge -e world, dd if=//dev/random
of=/tmp/whatever, and most of all, four days of me :)

SO I guess it's safe to assume I didn't find any weird things by using
2.6.20 and the new libata drivers.

Now, since functionality by design is boring and my employer doesn't
torture me enough,, I' pulled the libsata-dev git and linux-2.6 git
and will see how that goes.

Tests on my Siemens laptop are still in progress, since i have to
reboot to windows every day (cooperate rules at work, network
authentication, yadayada).

I didnt have time yet to install Linux on my HP Pavilion dv8373 and on
my Dual P2 400Mhz with Intel 440BX motherboard, but I hope to do this
soon.

Have a joyfull day and i hope you have better weather than we have
here in Amsterdam.

Patrick Ale
Not even the best coder can -Dsense -Dsane me