Re: [take36 10/10] kevent: Kevent based generic AIO.

From: Alan
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 08:04:02 EST

> I'm sure others would want them then for their favourite system call combo
> too. If they were really useful it might make more sense to have a batch()
> system call that works for arbitary calls, but I'm not convinced yet
> it's even needed. It would be certainly ugly.

batch() would possibly make a lot of sense in terms of the fibril/thread
based removal for the need for all the AIO stuff, just to provide a
natural way to group and order sequences of synchronous operations into
asynchronous groups.

I am extremely sceptical about the need for aio_sendfile_path since with
sendfile/sendpath hacking around there didn't seem to be much gain.

I'm even more sceptical of the header buffer stuff as while other OS's do
that as a hack to make TCP packetising work we simply fixed the root
problem with TCP_CORK

Alan