Re: NAK new drivers without proper power management?

From: Gerhard Mack
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 08:00:22 EST

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 09:37:06AM +1100, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 23:20 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>
> Many people also have Linux on their notebooks, but as a dual-boot. You
> read the word ? "dual-boot". It means that they cleanly shutdown their
> system every time they don't use it anymore, and they won't know what
> OS they'll use next time.

Please tell me your joking. Linux' crappy suspend support is a common
reason people give me for not wanting Linux anywhere near their laptops.

I have a single boot laptop that's somewhat of a mobile debugging station
that needs Linux and I absolutely hate it. Right now my laptop takes far
too long to boot and even if it didn't I wish I could suspend.

I'm actually a huge Linux fan.. I use it exclusively on my server and on
my PC but if I get another laptop I will probably run something else on
it. Linux is just too annoying for that use.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.