Re: libsata tests started

From: Patrick Ale
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 15:33:22 EST

On 2/10/07, Alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right umm "Your honor the gentleman is human, this is not acceptable" ?

Human and a looney who wishes Monty Python's Flying Circus still
existed so he could be a main character and having a great excuse to
act weird.

Beating the crap out of it using it for real work is one excellent form
of testing. We aren't yet at the point of only worrying about benchmark
tuning and corner cases.

Exactly what I am doing :)
I know bonnie++ is mostly used for benchmarking, but it also is a
great tool to hammer down your hard-disks.

I also break RAID1 arrays volunteerly (spelling) and resync them to do
some stress tests on the disks, but I dont recommend others to do
these kind of tests, unless you dont worry about your data, or are a
fruitcake, like me.

Patrick