Re: libsata tests started

From: Alan
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 15:22:09 EST

> > libsata == libata ?
> I don't think there is a seperate libata, it's all put under libsata
> if I understand the working correctly (Alan, don't sue me if I am
> wrong).

Right umm "Your honor the gentleman is human, this is not acceptable" ?

It is in drivers/ata the files are libata-* so it's normally known as
"libata", so libsata == libata.

> Maybe it *IS* a nice idea to outline some standard tests that
> developers want to have carried out or some specific tests to trace
> bugs or test if a patch/fix does its work.. But that's not up to me, I
> am not a coder, I can do some very basic stuff in C, that's where
> programming ends for me, unless it's shell scripting.

Beating the crap out of it using it for real work is one excellent form
of testing. We aren't yet at the point of only worrying about benchmark
tuning and corner cases.

Alan