Re: [patch 3/3] mm: fault handler to replace nopage and populate

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 07:09:47 EST

Dave Airlie wrote:
On 10/7/06, Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Nonlinear mappings are (AFAIKS) simply a virtual memory concept that
encodes the virtual address -> file offset differently from linear
mappings.

Hi Nick,

what is the status of this patch? I'm just trying to line up a kernel
tree for the new DRM memory management code, which really would like
this...

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Blocked by another kernel bug at the moment. I hope both fixes can
make it into 2.6.20, but if that doesn't look like it will happen,
then I might try reworking the patchset to break the ->fault change
out by itself because there are several others who would like to use
it as well.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.