Re: SMP BUG

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 18:32:07 EST

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 03:17:16PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Is arm's setup_arch() populating cpu_possible_map?

Correct, because setup_arch() itself doesn't have _any_ SMP awareness at
all - only the platform code knows about that. Hence, we initialise it
in smp_prepare_cpus(), which is a platform specific function.

> If that's not possible, statically initialising it to CPU_MASK_ALL should
> fix it, but that's a lame solution and might lead to wastage of per-cpu
> memory on not-possible CPUs.

I think that's what we'll have to do, and then later on clear it and
re-populate it with the correct bitmask. Grumble.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core