Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 2.4.32-hf32.2

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 14:22:59 EST

Hi Roberto,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 08:15:24PM +0100, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> >Changelog from 2.4.32-hf32.1 to 2.4.32-hf32.2
>
> Which of those are you going to push to Marcelo for inclusion?

They're all in Marcelo's tree (at least in -git). I try to avoid publishing
patches which can escape from mainline because it's harder to re-include
them afterwards. That's also why one of them got missed in hf32.1.

> I've found two subtle IPVS bugs (using a persistency setup on SMP
> combined with sharp TCP state transition timeouts), one of which is
> fixed in my tree and has been running in production for over 1 month
> now. The other is still in discussion phase with Horms and Julian
> Anastasov.

OK, I hope you'll be able to send the fixes early enough for inclusion
in 2.4.33.

> >+ 2.4.32-bond_alb-hash-table-corruption-1 (ODonnell,
> >Michael)
> >
> > Our systems have been crashing during testing of PCI HotPlug
> > support in the various networking components. We've faulted in
> > the bonding driver due to a bug in bond_alb.c:tlb_clear_slave().
> > In that routine, the last modification to the TLB hash table is
> > made without protection of the lock, allowing a race that can
> > lead tlb_choose_channel() to select an invalid table element.
>
> This is correct. Funny, It never triggered on my systems, but I only
> have a bonding setup on three SMP systems, probably none of them using
> ALB.

I've never used ALB either.

> Thanks for your hard work,
> Roberto Nibali, ratz