Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 2.4.32-hf32.2

From: Roberto Nibali
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 14:13:39 EST

Hi Willy,

Changelog from 2.4.32-hf32.1 to 2.4.32-hf32.2

Which of those are you going to push to Marcelo for inclusion?

I've found two subtle IPVS bugs (using a persistency setup on SMP combined with sharp TCP state transition timeouts), one of which is fixed in my tree and has been running in production for over 1 month now. The other is still in discussion phase with Horms and Julian Anastasov.

+ 2.4.32-bond_alb-hash-table-corruption-1 (ODonnell, Michael)

Our systems have been crashing during testing of PCI HotPlug
support in the various networking components. We've faulted in
the bonding driver due to a bug in bond_alb.c:tlb_clear_slave().
In that routine, the last modification to the TLB hash table is
made without protection of the lock, allowing a race that can
lead tlb_choose_channel() to select an invalid table element.

This is correct. Funny, It never triggered on my systems, but I only have a bonding setup on three SMP systems, probably none of them using ALB.

Thanks for your hard work,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc