Re: 2.6.15-rc6: known regressions in the kernel Bugzilla

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 10:26:42 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

not a post-2.6.14 regression

Well yeah. But that doesn't mean thse things have lower priority that
post-2.6.14 regressions.

I understand what you're doing here, but we should in general concentrate
upon the most severe bugs rather than upon the most recent..

Hypocratic oath: "First, do no harm."

If a new kernel version can't make things *better*, at least it shouldn't make them *worse*. New features are good, performance improvements are good, breaking working systems with an update is not good.

I'm with Adrian on this, if you want people to test and report with -rc kernels, then there should be some urgency to addressing the reported problems.
--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)