Re: Understanding Linux addr space, malloc, and heap

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 10:24:10 EST

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 09:45 -0400, Vincent W. Freeh wrote:
I cannot mprotect data that I malloc ...

> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
you can't mprotect malloc() memory period ..

Vincent W. Freeh wrote:
Actually, I can and do. Simple program at end.

Am I the only one who finds this conversation weird? :)

This reminds me of a student I had that called "main" to return to the start of the application. No matter how I explained that it was simply wrong and that stack was growing because of that he just kept replying: "but it works!"...

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our
adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain