Re: kernel allows loadkeys to be used by any user, allowing forlocal root compromise

From: Paul Jakma
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 21:40:04 EST

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:

OTOH I don't know why ordinary users should be allowed to change key
bindings.

I like to load a custom keymap to swap ctrl and caps-lock.

I'd like to keep that ability, but I'd much prefer if it didn't affect all VTs, and if it didn't persist past the end of my session.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@xxxxxxxx paul@xxxxxxxxx Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: