Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Artem B. Bityuckiy
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 11:29:32 EST

Markus TЖrnqvist wrote:
So merge it as it is and move the stuff to the VFS as needed or
deemed necessary. And enable the pseudo interface, or at least
set it in menuconfig and enable by default, it needs testing too.
Reiser4 has a number of great (IMO) things like file as directory, atomic operations, different kinds of stat data, fibretions, etc, etc. Some thing is not yet ready - doesn't matter. Some of this is of general interest, some is Reiser4-dedicated.

New interfaces are needed to allow users to utilize that all. My point is that the things that are of general interest must not be Reiser4-only. For example, I should have a possibility to implement files-like-dir in _another_ FS using the same interfaces that Reiser4 uses. That's all I wanted to say.

The other question that it may be difficult to foresee everything and it may make sense to move some things upper in future.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,