Re: 2.6.12-mm1

From: Brice Goglin
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 14:45:41 EST

Le 21.06.2005 19:16, Takashi Iwai a écrit :
> Yes. It enables hardware volume contorl - volume up/down and
> mute/unmute via keys on your laptop.

Great, that's the last missing feature on my laptop !

> Could you give the output of lspci -nv? If it's listed in
> m3_hw_quirk_list, the h/w volume control is enabled in the code
> indeed. Try to comment out the entry (together with my second
> patch).

0000:02:09.0 0401: 125d:1988 (rev 12)
Subsystem: 0e11:0094
I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

Yes it's listed in m3_hv_quirk_list,
and yes, commenting out the entry fixes the problem.

> This might include some changes applied to mm, but at least, you can
> apply only the patch to maestro3.c.

Guess what, git-alsa.patch (and actually also only the patch
to maestro3.c) do work on top on 2.6.12. Hardware volume control
works. That's great !

Actually, I'm experiencing another problem with -mm1 which might
be related to PCI and IO ports. This might be the cause of outw
generating the divide error I was seeing -mm1 if IO ports are
not mapped at the right place ?

Thanks,
Brice