Re: Re[2]: ata over ethernet question

From: David Hollis
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 10:14:09 EST

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 23:17 +0200, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 9:48:36 PM, you wrote:
> > That seems to be the basic idea but there doesn't seem to be a provider
> > stack just yet, just a 'client' (though I could be wrong). AOE is
> > similar in concept to iSCSI with the biggest difference being that AOE
> > runs over Ethernet and is thus non-routeable. iSCSI operates over IP so
> > you can do all kinds of fun IP games with it.
> Thanks, this is interesting. Does the iSCSI implementation out there have
> this provider stack ?
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

There seem to be a few iSCSI implementations floating around for Linux,
hopefully one will be added to mainline soon. Most of those
implementations are for the client side though there is at least one
target implementation that allows you to provide local storage to iSCSI
clients. I don't remember the name of it or if it's still maintained or
not.

--
David Hollis <dhollis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>