Re: [Ext2-devel] [RFC] Adding multiple block allocation

From: Mingming Cao
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 19:49:09 EST

Oops, sorry about the empty message ...

> -static int ext3_writepages_get_block(struct inode *inode, sector_t iblock,
> - struct buffer_head *bh, int create)
> +static int ext3_writepages_get_blocks(struct inode *inode, sector_t iblock,
> + unsigned long max_blocks, struct buffer_head *bh, int create)
> {
> - return ext3_direct_io_get_blocks(inode, iblock, 1, bh, create);
> + return ext3_direct_io_get_blocks(inode, iblock, max_blocks, bh, create);
> }

I have a question here, ext3_direct_io_get_blocks use DIO_CREDITS
(EXT3_RESERVE_TRANS_BLOCKS + 32 = ) to reserve the space for
journalling, but it seems based on assumption of one data block update
once a time. Is it sufficent to re-use that routine for multiple block
allocation here? Don't we need something like
ext3_writepage_trans_blocks() here?

Thanks,
Mingming