Re: PROBLEM: Kernel BUG() in exit.c in ptrace/pthread interaction

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 21:02:45 EST

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 mbellett@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When you run the program in attachment, *even as an ordinary user*, the kernel
> panic. Tested kernel is a 2.6.11.7 vanilla with alleged .config. Tested with

Just tried running it on my box here with a 2.6.12-rc2-mm3 kernel and it
survived just fine.
Here's what I did and the output I got :

$ gcc -lpthread ptrace-thread-bug.c
ptrace-thread-bug.c:158:2: warning: no newline at end of file
$ ./a.out
child: pid=5664
child: self sigstopping
father: pid=5663
father: waiting child's selfstopping
father: making child go again under ptrace
father: detaching
father: thread creation
father: waiting for end
thread 16386: attaching