Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm3

From: Juergen Kreileder
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 21:01:29 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Juergen Kreileder <jk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Or a bug in those patches,
>>
>> Probably. I've tried a different toolchain now (3.4.3), didn't
>> help.
>
> That is bad news.
>
> I wonder why you're the only person who has noticed this.

Me too.

> How frequent are the lockups?

It only happens when running Azareus with IBM's Java (our's isn't
ready yet).
So far I was able to reproduce the problem on all -mm versions within
one hour. Otherwise the kernels seem to work fine -- no lockup unless
I run Azareus.

I'm running rc2-mm3 without the timer- patches now. It's up for 6
days now and survived downloading all Ubuntu torrents over ten times.

> Is it possible to perform any additional debugging?

> Do you think there's anything unusual in your driver lineup or in
> your workload which would cause you to be the only person who is
> observing this?

I'm might be the only one using evdev on ppc64.

And I don't know how popular LVM2 is on disks with Macintosh labels.
I had to set it up manually when I installed the machine, Debian's
installer couldn't handle it at that time.

Workload is normal, the lockups happen with just X and Azaereus.
(The machine also runs mysqld, apache, and a few other daemons. But I
don't have to put load on these to make the machine lock up.)

Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://blog.blackdown.de/