Kernel module_list

From: Allison
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 14:54:18 EST

Hi,

I am trying to access the module list kernel data structure from a
kernel module. If I gather correctly, module_list is the symbol that
is the head pointer of this list.

This module compiles fine but when I try to insmod it, it say
module_list is unresolved symbol.

Does this symbol have to show up in the /proc/ksyms ?
It currently show up in the System.map file.

What do I need to do to access this symbol.

Also, what do the three columns in the System.map file stand for ?
First col looks like the virtual address and third looks like
function/symbol name. How do I read the second ?

thanks,
Allison