Re: Re: more git updates..

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 19:22:24 EST

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 04:45:07PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Yes. CVS is much denser.
>
> CVS is also total crap. So your point is?

I wasn't suggesting to use CVS. I meant that for a newly developed SCM,
the CVS/SCCS format as storage may be more appealing than the current
git format. I guess I should have said RCS instead of CVS, sorry if that
created any confusion. The arch/darcs approach of pratically storing
patches would also be much denser but it has no efficient way of doing
"rcs up -p 1.x" on a file, that doesn't involve potentially unpacking
tons of unrelated changesets.