Re: [Ext2-devel] Re: OOM problems on 2.6.12-rc1 with many fsx tests

From: Stephen C. Tweedie
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 08:34:56 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 02:23, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Nobody has noticed the now-fixed leak since 2.6.6 and this one appears to
> be 100x slower. Which is fortunate because this one is going to take a
> long time to fix. I'll poke at it some more.

OK, I'm now at the stage where I can kick off that fsx test on a kernel
without your leak fix, kill it, umount and get

Whoops: found 43 unfreeable buffers still on the superblock debug list
for sb 00000100296b2d48. Tracing one...
buffer trace for buffer at 0x000001003edaa9c8 (I am CPU 0)

with a trace pointing to journal_unmap_buffer(). I'll try with the fix
in place to see if there are any other cases showing up with the same
problem.

--Stephen