Re: PCI interrupt problem: e1000 & Super-Micro X6DVA motherboard

From: Ben Greear
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 22:29:44 EST

Ben Greear wrote:
I'm having a strange problem. I have an X6DVA motherboard
with dual 2.8Ghz emt-64 processors, 1GB of RAM, SATA HD, etc.

I tried kernel 2.6.11 which uses irq 26, and 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp, which
maps the irq to 209 or something like that. Distribution is FC2, x86.
Kernel is compiled for x86-SMP as well.

I suspect that this may be a hardware issue of some sort, but if anyone
has any suggestions as to how to debug this further, please do let
me know. I'm attaching the lspci and dmesg output in case that helps.

I am now less certain: I tried with a separate but similar machine, and
eth3 still has bad interrupt test. I tried 2.6.9 kernel, same problem.
I tried 2.4.29 kernel (on FC2 distribution), and the same problem exists.

I tried with pci=noacpi, and this just messes up everything (irqs are
disabled, etc).

Could this be a bug in the motherboard implementation?

Off to try some different combinations of NIC hardware...

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>