Re: alsa es1371's joystick functionality broken in 2.6.11-mm4

From: Patrick McFarland
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 07:08:57 EST

On Monday 21 March 2005 10:49 pm, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Monday 21 March 2005 22:41, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > On Monday 21 March 2005 10:15 pm, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > > Looks good, I was wondering if you had GAMEPORT=m and SND_ENS1371=y.
> >
> > Yes, that would be quite silly. ;)

> > > 2.6.11-mm and 2.6.12-rc1. Vanilla 2.6.11 does not have it.
> >
> > I'll go compile 2.6.11 to see if it works there.
> >
> > > Could you verify that you enabled joystick port on card? What does
> > > "cat /sys/module/snd_ens1371/parameters/joystick_port" show?
> >
> > 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
>
> Ok, it looks like setup problem. Try doing:
>
> modprobe snd-ens1371 joystick_port=1

I already tried that before I mailed the great and almighty source of all
information kernely (aka the lkml). Infact, I tried both joystick=1 and
joystick_port=1 (some drivers use one, others use the other, and I wasn't
sure at the time which es1371 used).

It didn't work.

--
Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || pmcfarland@xxxxxxxxxxxx