Re: 2.6.1[01] freeze on x86_64

From: Sean Russell
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 07:05:19 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:

Sean Russell <ser@xxxxxxxx> writes:

acpi_thermal-0400 [23] acpi_thermal_get_trip_: Invalid active
threshold [0]

You mean you got this in /var/log/messages?

Yes, in /var/log/messages. The lock up occurs without warning, so the only opportunity I have to look for error messages is in the syslogs.

Can you connect a serial console or netconsole and see if that

Er... by serial console, I assume you mean via a serial cable and some other device. If so, then no, I don't have that capability. I didn't know about netconsole before you mentioned it; I'll do some research and set it up. I do have a second computer (well, my wife's laptop is also running Linux) that I could use to monitor UDP traffic, if I can figure out what to use as a client to capture the messages. This may take me a couple of days.

I didn't post to the list earlier specifically because I knew the debugging process would rapidly exceed my knowledge about kernel debugging. I appologize for making you walk me through the process.

catches anything? Also boot with oops=panic

As a boot parameter? I'll give that a try.

--- SER