Re: LBD/filesystems over 2TB: is it safe?

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 03:18:28 EST

jniehof@xxxxxx wrote:

Running x86-32 using kernel 2.6.8 (from Debian sarge), although can always
roll my own if necessary. Preferred filesystem would be ext3, and I
anticipate no need to grow beyond the initial 2.5TB.

I'm running 2.1TB and 3TB filesystems on ext3 here. It's probably not fast or optimal, however it's been solidly reliable. The 2.1 has been running since May 2004 with a reasonable workload. The 3TB is only 4 weeks old, but has been beaten pretty hard during burn-in testing.

x86-32 with 2.6.[5 6 9 10] on the 2.1 and 2.6.11-bk's on the 3.

Both filesystems have been filled to capacity during testing and real use. I unmount them and e2fsck -f them weekly just for a laugh also. Never a hitch.

Regards,
Brad