3c59x concerns on 2.4->2.6 update?

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 05:35:05 EST

Hi,

I've recently upgraded a router which has three 3Com900C Tornado cards
revisions 74 and 78 from Linux 2.4 to 2.6.

IIRC, Linux 2.4 allowed to report if the link beat was sensed to be 10
or 100 mbps, Linux 2.6 does not. One of these cards is attached to
peculiar network gear and needs to be forced to 100baseTx-FD.
I configured options=0x204 for that interface, which sorta worked;
vortex-diag and mii-diag still report autonegotiation were enabled.
Strange.

ethtool (I tried v2 and v3) does not appear to work at all for 3C900C
cards, "No data available" if run without options.

Any insight into these would be appreciated,

--
Matthias Andree