Re: BKCVS broken ?

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 10:45:41 EST

Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The current bkcvs export is broken, several recent changesets are
> missing from it.
>
> This occurs at least in the mm/ directory, but I haven't verified
> if other directories are not affected. I detected this problem
> because the head of bkcvs doesn't compile anymore and shows errors
> in mm/* missing symbols.

I noticed a similar problem a few days ago. The ChangeSet,v file
contained the logs but there were no files with the corresponding
(Logical change ...). A day later, the files corresponding to those
logs were updated. I initially blamed the non-atomicity of CVS and
rsync but, reading your e-mail, the problem might not be that simple.

BTW, is there a way for the ChangeSet,v file to be updated after all
the source files are updated (to avoid the empty patch problem if
rsync'ing when the BKCVS repository is updated)?

Catalin