Re: [2/9] Possible AMD8111e free irq issue

From: Chris Wright
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 20:08:46 EST

* Ian Pilcher (i.pilcher@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Chris Wright wrote:
> >
> >From: Andres Salomon <dilinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >It seems to me that if in the amd8111e_open() fuction dev->irq isn't
> >zero and the irq request succeeds it might not get released anymore.
>
> Based on the wording above, I can't help wondering if this fixes a
> problem that anyone is actually seeing.

I had same hesitation, but it's easy to see how lowmem could trigger
this latent bug (so it's not a highly theoretical race condition, for
example), and the fix is both quite simple and accepted upstream already.
Anyway that's what the review cycle is for, it can be rejected.

thanks,
-chris
--
Linux Security Modules http://lsm.immunix.org http://lsm.bkbits.net