Support for the SiSM741 chipset?

From: Miles Lane
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 20:05:28 EST

I am considering buying an Averatec AV6210X60, which uses this chipset.

A description of the chipset is here:
http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20031216092226919

The marketing blurb incudes this:
Furthermore, the SiSM741 chipset incorporates SiS's revolutionary
HyperStreamingâ Technology, which provides multiple divided pipelines
for data, allows data to be sent concurrently, and separates data for
easier memory retrieval, resulting in a remarkable reduction in
latency versus traditional chipsets. Has support for this been
implemented?

Also mentioned is the SiS162 wireless networking chipset.

Here is the machine I am thinking of purchasing:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6820728&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01174&id=1091101655872
It seems like an excellent deal.

I was considering buying this machine:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6825643&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01174&id=1091101643460
But, luckily, found:
http://forums.viaarena.com/categories.aspx?catid=28&flcache=4127201&entercat=y
which documents VIA's failure to support Linux.

Thanks,
Miles