Re: select() doesn't respect SO_RCVLOWAT ?

From: Felix Matathias
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 15:45:29 EST

Dear Alan,

I am positive. I can setsockopt, and then, getsockopt returns the value that I requested.

Stevens very clearly states that SO_RCVLOWAT has a direct impact on select() and I assumed that this would be the case for Linux.
What is the rationale for not complying with that ? Is it the micromanagement
of select() that you dislike ? Isn't a significant reduction in the
amount of read operations a real gain in high speed networking ?

Best Regards,
Felix