Re: Random number generator in Linux kernel

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 05:48:42 EST

I think ur idea of generating a random number
with a seed will not be effective. The kernel comes up
with true random number generation by using the random
interaction of device drivers with the kernel. I think
that will be more effective than ur logic. It provides
true randomness and it avoids any guess.
For more details u please refer the book ' Linux
kernel development' by Robert M Love Appendix C kernel
Random Number Generator. If u still want to stick to
ur own logic then u can implement it as a function
inside the kernel.

Regards,
selva