Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: intel 8x0 went silent in 2.6.11

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 20:21:20 EST

Takashi Iwai wrote:

Look at /etc/asound.state whether it contains the value of "Headphone
Jack Sense" control true or false.

It saves the setting once I've been in 2.6.11. From an earlier kernel
there is no such entry.

Of course, the earlier version didn't have this.

And did you take a look at the latest content? What stands on it?
Maybe you once saved a value wrongly corrected by any reason?

I'm not sure what you mean. In the 2.6.10 version the last entry is 'Stereo Mic'. In 2.6.11 there's 'Headphone Jack Sense' and 'Line Jack Sense' following that.
From what I can tell every entry seems valid.

Rgds
Pierre