[ANNOUNCE] March Release of LTP now available

From: Marty Ridgeway
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 16:34:05 EST

LTP-20050307
- Added -v option to LTP, fixed -s option
- Removed fcntl16 until testcase can be fixed/changed.
- Fix for defect 14136, growfiles expanding a file past the 2G limit on
ext2
- Applied patch from Marcus Meissner for SF bug #1114114
- Applied patch from David Miller for sigaction problems
- Applied a patch from Suzuki Kp to resolve some race/signal handling
conditions
- In adapting specific LTP tests to uClinux running on Analog Devices'
Blackfin processor, we found a problem in mount01 where malloc was not
reserving space for the trailing null byte and strncpy was being called
without enough bytes to account for the trailing null byte. The
following patch fixes the problem
- Increased USER_PRECISION to 2200 to take into account the processes
switching time nanosleep02
- The attached patch fixes a swapon cross compile build error I ran into
recently. I verified that RH9 self hosted and cross compile builds now
- Removed the include of <asm/atomic.h> back out. Most distros and kernels
can build and execute the test without it now.
- Change for defect 13778, when the /var/log/messages file is first moved,
the first write fails
- The SIGINT sighandler will set the "intinitr" flag to 1 for the children.
But if the
"runtime" is small( a command line argument passed, the testcases were
running
for 5 secs here), it may happen that the SIGINT may be recieved before
the
child initialize the flag to 0, and which may lead to a hang
- Change to exclude lib6 directory from default build since it breaks
earlier Distros
- Added code to handle cases where certain distros don't define AI_V4MAPPED
in /usr/include/netdb.h

Linux Test Project
Linux Technology Center
IBM Corporation

Internet E-Mail : mridge@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM, 11501 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78758
Phone (512) 838-1356 - T/L 678-1356 - Bldg. 908/1C005
Austin, TX.