Re: [0/many] Acrypto - asynchronous crypto layer for linux kernel2.6

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 16:34:05 EST

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:13:18 +0100
Fruhwirth Clemens <clemens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 23:37 +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
>
> > I'm pleased to announce asynchronous crypto layer for Linux kernel 2.6.
>
> Thanks Evgeniy for your work! Even though, it's great what's inside, I'm
> afraid it will be judged by the form of its presentation. A patch should
> be something integral, testable on its own. I think it's not necessary
> to package it that fine grained, as it becomes very hard to apply with a
> regular mail reader (Saving/Exporting 50 mails is really a bit of a
> work).
>
> So, the form is a bit suboptimal. Don't hesitate to put all "acrypto*"
> and "arch*" patches in one-large acrypto patch set, and an other for
> "bd*". I'd be glad to say something different, but I think acrypto has
> not been considered by the maintainers to be merged soon, so patch
> splitting doesn't make sense anyway at the moment.

Unfortunately acrypto patch is more than 200kb, so neither mail list
will accept it, so I've sent it in such form :)

Actually the most interesting is the first e-mail with subject line
"[0/many] Acrypto - asynchronous crypto layer for linux kernel 2.6" which
has description of the acrypto layer and it's features.
Acrypto patches itself live in patches with prefix "acrypto"
[it is from 1 to 21].
bd lives in the last five patches.
Several first e-mails without first number ([??/many]...) are
various descriptions.

E-mail with subject line
"[??/many] list of files to be sent in a next couple of e-mails with small description"
contains small one line description of each e-mail.

Sorry for such form, but it is really big set of information pieces,
so I combined it in a such way.

> Best Regards,
> --
> Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org
> for robots: sp4mtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Evgeniy Polyakov

Only failure makes us experts. -- Theo de Raadt