Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 08:04:47 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
[...]
Ie I'd organize it like some of the "checkin committees" work for other projects that have nowhere _near_ as much work going on as Linux has. That seems to work well for small projects - and we can try to keep this "small" exactly by having the strict rules in place that would mean that 99% of all patches wouldn't even be a consideration.

Maybe setting up a mailing list where all the patches have to be posted before inclusion in this tree, would help the maintainer(s) a lot.

Since we expect little traffic (at least compared to LKML) a lot of developers (even "small" developers like myself) can review all the patches for correctness, and throw quite a few eyes on them. The more eyes, the less a chance for bugs to slip by.

Just a thought,

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)