Re: Potentially dead bttv cards from 2.6.10

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 18:11:24 EST

James Bruce wrote:
Well, are there any theories as to why it would work flawlessly, then after a hard lockup (due to what I think is a buggy V4L2 application), that the cards no longer work? That was with 2.6.10, but after they started failing I tried 2.6.11-rc5 and it doesn't work either. By the way, I sent the wrong output; what I sent was from 2.6.11-rc5. The 2.6.10 output is below, and looks similar except for generating a different error message.

Is there any chance that the lockup was related to an external event, like a spike on the line to the video? Or any other outside event? It seems like a very odd failure mode, but since I'm about to drop in a bttv card and digitize about a hundred old tapes, I'd like to know.

Did you try the "card=" suggestion?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)