Re: Potentially dead bttv cards from 2.6.10

From: Gerd Knorr
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 12:00:33 EST

> I remember something about that you shouldn't use the teletext-decoder
> at the same time as viewing regular tv. That would damage the eeprom.
> Maybe it is related?

No. Thats (a) very old and about two drivers banging on the bt848 card
at the same time, where the second doesn't even exist for 2.4 any more I
think. And (b) damage in that case means "write random bytes to it",
which is a very different issue. You can still read it in that case.

Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)