Re: ext3 bug

From: jmerkey
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:30:09 EST

I see this problem infrequently on systems that have low memory conditions and
with heavy swapping. I have not seen it on 2.6.9 but I have seen it on 2.6.10.

Jeff

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

Please try stock kernel. 2.6.11-rc3 onwards should be fine. - I saw a similar problem while running 2.6.10 kernel from Fedora Core 3. It doesn't happen with stock kernels.

I did use a stock 2.6.10 kernel (I said custom in the sense that it
wasn't a Debian kernel). After a reboot, I was able to run fsck on the
disk (many, many errors) and it went fine after.

Jean-Marc