Re: Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Nish Aravamudan
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 14:32:17 EST

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:11:05 +0100, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!

<snip>

> Table of known working systems:
>
> Model hack (or "how to do it")
> IBM TP R32 / Type 2658-MMG none (1)
> Athlon HP Omnibook XE3 none (1)
> Compaq Armada E500 - P3-700 none (1) (S1 also works OK)
> IBM t41p none (1)

I am not sure if this is a problem with my machine or the code, but my
T41p does not work "correctly." [1] Pressing the sleep key (Fn-F4),
does sleep the machine, very quickly and nicely. However, on wake-up,
only an external CRT will display video. I see the LCD's backlight
come on, but no video is displayed there. I also noticed that my USB
mouse does not seem to work (this may be a BIOS setting issue, which
I'll check out on next reboot -- soon).

I have noticed that the IBM ACPI extras seems to do some things
incorrectly for me. /proc/acpi/ibm/dock always reports "status:
undocked," even though I'm very much docked right now. Echo'ing
auto_enable/auto_disable into /proc/acpi/ibm/video does change the
auto state, but doing the same for {lcd,crt}_{enable,disable} does
nothing (including not changing the displayed state).

I'm more than happy to try patches, BIOS setting changes, etc.

Thanks,
Nish

[1] Attached dmidecode output (hopefully not screwed up by gmail)