Re: mouse still losing sync and thus jumping around

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 09:18:28 EST

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:22:42 +0100, Nils Kalchhauser
<n.kalchhauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I still get the following messages and my mouse jumps around weirdly
> making work rather difficult regardless of which 2.6 kernel I use (tried
> 2.6.8, 2.6.9, 2.6.10, 2.6.11-rc2 with patch-see below, 2.6.11-rc4):
>
> psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio4/input0 lost synchronization, throwing
> 2 bytes away.
> psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio4/input0 lost synchronization, throwing
> 2 bytes away.
> psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 lost sync at byte 4
> psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 lost sync at byte 1
> psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 - driver resynched.
> psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>
> (using either the touchpad or the connected PS/2 mouse)
>
> I tried the patch Dmitry Torokhov supplied in the message with subject
> "Re: Really annoying bug in the mouse driver" from Jan 27 which
> supposedly fixes this problem. unfortunately it only got worse.

Hi,

There were 2 versions of the psmouse-resend patch, the first one was
indeed producing worse results, the second one should work better.
Could you please try grabbing the patch against 2.6.10 from here:

http://www.geocities.com/dt_or/input/2_6_10/

and letting me know if it gives better results.

Thanks!

--
Dmitry