mouse still losing sync and thus jumping around

From: Nils Kalchhauser
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 08:24:21 EST

Hi!

I still get the following messages and my mouse jumps around weirdly making work rather difficult regardless of which 2.6 kernel I use (tried 2.6.8, 2.6.9, 2.6.10, 2.6.11-rc2 with patch-see below, 2.6.11-rc4):

psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio4/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.
psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio4/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.
psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 lost sync at byte 4
psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 lost sync at byte 1
psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 - driver resynched.
psmouse.c: TouchPad at isa0060/serio2/input0 lost sync at byte 1

(using either the touchpad or the connected PS/2 mouse)

I tried the patch Dmitry Torokhov supplied in the message with subject "Re: Really annoying bug in the mouse driver" from Jan 27 which supposedly fixes this problem. unfortunately it only got worse.

the problem is really annoying with windows sometimes closing because of sporadic mouse clicks etc. I would happily try patches and help in debugging, so if anyone has an idea or if more info about my setup/config is needed, just tell me.

thanks a lot,
Nils