rocketport driver problems in 2.6.10

From: Matthieu Herrb
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 11:43:21 EST

Hi,

I'm experimenting problems with the rocket driver with a Comtrol Rocketprot ISA board, under Fedora Core 3 with a 2.6.10 kernel.
(Linux dala 2.6.10-1.766_FC3 #1 Wed Feb 9 23:06:42 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

I have a multi-threaded application that opens 2 ports on the rocketport card, and happily talks to both devices connected to these ports.

But when I quit the application, the close on the last port leaves the thread that called close() and the rocket kernel module in a strange state: the thread changes between 'D' state with a wait channel of 'release_dev' and running. It can't be killed. Lsof doesn't show the device as open anymore. Any try to open the device again fails with errno == EIO.
lsmod shows the kernel module used by 1 client, and I can't rmmod it.

Only a reboot can free the device and let me work further.

When I only use one device on the rocketport per process, everything is ok (or seems ok).

Any idea(s) on how to debug/fix that ?

--
Matthieu Herrb