Re: [ACPI] Re: Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Luca Capello
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 04:19:39 EST

Hello!

On Fri 18 Feb 2005 21:49, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> I discovered that either the i2c_core.ko or i2c_i801.ko modules cause the hang
> on resume! If you stop the entire i2c subsystem from being loaded by hotplug
> (note this is the BUS driver, not the sensors driver!), then resume works
> perfectly! Presumably there's a bug in the resuming of this module.

Well, on my IBM ThinkPad T42p (ATI FireGL T2 128MB), I can resume with
both I2C modules loaded, so probably the problem is not specific to
the I2C subsystem.

> In other news, USB devices only work after I remove uhci_hcd and ehci_hcd and
> reload them.

I just tested two USB devices after S3 resuming without having removed
the USB modules (uhci-hcb and ehci-hcd):

- Logitech USB Wheel Mouse (046d:c00c, USB 1.x), it works with no
problem on console, but not on X (this was caused by the fact that
I've two corepointer on my XF86Config-4, in fact after having
corrected this error and restarted X, the USB mouse works)

- Mitsubishi Chemical 2.5" HD Case (05e3:0702, USB 2.0 [1], with a
SAMSUNG MP0804H 80GB), it works with no problem :-D

> The s3_bios workaround allows video to kind of work, but I can't use anything
> other than vga=normal (vesafb results in corruption), and the screen is no
> longer artificially resized to fill the LCD, it's native res and centered
> (which sure is annoying).

Again, IMHO the problem is specific to your machine: I use the
radeonfb (with acpi_sleep=s3_bios) and the resume is ok (both in
console and Debian XFree86-4.3.0.dfsg.1-11, radeon driver).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdescr.php?id=3039