Re: -rc3 leaking NOT BIO [Was: Memory leak in 2.6.11-rc1?]

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 20:22:05 EST

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 06:51 pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> ffff81002fe80000 is the address of the slab object.  00000000000008a8 is
> supposed to be the caller's text address.  It appears that
> __builtin_return_address(0) is returning junk.  Perhaps due to
> -fomit-frame-pointer.
I tried manually removing -fomit-frame-pointer from Makefile and adding
-fno-omit-frame-pointer but with same results - junk return addresses.
Probably a X86_64 issue.

>So it's probably an ndiswrapper bug?
I looked at ndiswrapper mailing lists and found this explanation for the same
issue of growing size-64 with ndiswrapper -
"It looks like the problem is kernel-version related, not ndiswrapper.
ndiswrapper just uses some API that starts the memory leak but the
problem is indeed in the kernel itself. versions from 2.6.10 up to
.11-rc3 have this problem afaik. haven"t tested rc4 but maybe this one
doesn"t have the problem anymore, we will see"