Self-destruct in 5 seconds?

From: Creech, Matthew
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 16:16:07 EST

Hi,

I posted this to the linux-arm mailing list, and Russell King referred
me to the main list.

I'm running an AT91RM9200DK-based board with the 2.6.10 kernel. I'm
trying to use TmpFS for my root so I don't have a hard-coded ramdisk
size. My /linuxrc script looks something like this:

mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /mnt/tmp
mkdir /mnt/tmp/initrd

[ copy files from / to /mnt/tmp ]

mount -t devfs devfs /mnt/tmp/dev
echo "Changing mount points..."
cd /mnt/tmp
pivot_root . initrd
cd /
mount -t proc proc /proc
exec chroot . /sbin/init <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1

Init then kicks off a "sysinit" script that immediately does this:

echo "Unmounting old root..."
umount /initrd
echo "Freeing initrd..."
freeramdisk /dev/rd/0

This actually works fine. The system boots properly, my memory usage
looks good, etc. But this is what prints to the screen, and it's pretty
scary looking:

Unmounting old root...
VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds. Have a nice
day...
Freeing initrd...

Although things seem to work [consistently - it does it every time
during boot], this message frightens me. Is it safe to ignore, or is my
embedded device about to self-destruct? :) Thanks for the help

--
Matthew L. Creech